Wednesday, December 23, 2009

sledding & lesson #1

We went sledding yesterday, but I have NO pictures of the event because I was sledding, too! It was FUN!!!!! We went to Moose Hill which has a wide open, long, not-too-steep hill plus a couple side hills. I'm not brave enough for the side hills, but Jason and the kids tried them. Seth hiked up the hill once, but then had to be carried or pulled up the rest of the time. He LOVED sledding down the hill and laughed his carefree, lovin' life laugh that makes everyone around him laugh with him. Two of Jason's friends and their kids met us there. It's SO much fun to watch little kids having fun :-) One of the friends, luckily, had a rope in his car. He attached it to Seth's and my sled so that I could pull Seth up the hill more easily. THANKS DARRIN! That made the day MUCH more fun for me since I really was having trouble carrying Seth and the sled up the hill.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided that I would make a list of 9 lessons I've learned in 2009, all 9 corresponding to 9 of my favorite songs that I found this year. And then I also made a list of 10 things that I expect/hope for 2010. Today starts the countdown to the end of 2009, so I'll share lesson #1: God is safe; people are not. I know that sounds terribly negative and paranoid, but that's not how I mean it to be. All people crave companionship with other human beings, and that craving can become an obsession if not satisfied. We all want to know that there's at least one person who loves us, likes us, accepts us, enjoys spending time with us, understands us, and is very glad to know us. The problem comes when we depend too heavily on that need being met and base all our ideas of happiness on it. People are not perfect; we constantly let other people down, disappoint someone, even hurt people. So people can be trusted to a point, understanding that we're all human and we all make mistakes. God, though, IS perfect and NEVER lets us down, NEVER disappoints, and NEVER hurts us. He's the One to depend on for all aspects of life, happiness, and the meeting of needs. He is SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008