Monday, March 22, 2010

beads, book, & job


Here's the update on my lamp shade. I have 27 1/2 more rows to do. I bead while watching Grey's Anatomy and complete 1/2 a row during each episode. So it'll still take me quite a while to finish, but I'm getting close :-)

I finished another book last night, the fourth and last in the "Lumby" series. It was interesting, but not the best in the series. I did enjoy the common human interaction and day-to-day living of the story, but it didn't completely draw me in like some books do. I'm glad I was able to read this series. There were many funny episodes and almost no overly emotional parts. It was a relief from some of the real-life, movie, and book over-emotionalism that I allow.

I mentioned recently that I was getting a job, but now it's official. I start training next Thursday re-stocking Hallmark cards part-time. I filled out all my paperwork, and my supervisor called this afternoon to tell me that one store wanted me to start TODAY. She told him that she really did need to train me first. I'm not at all sure how I'm going to find time to work more than I already do, but it will definitely be nice when the paychecks start coming to have a little extra to pay on the American Express :-)

------------------------------------------

today's song: "Jesus Loves Me" by Amy Grant

Jesus loves me -- this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong

And they'll know we are Christians
By our love

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008