Monday, March 1, 2010

crazy people but Beautiful God

Crazy person #1: BAD driver who decided she needed to be in the turn lane, but didn't notice that I was coming up that lane. My horn doesn't work, so I couldn't honk at her to stop. It was relatively early in the morning, so the road was still icy and I couldn't stop. It was the left lane up against a median, so I couldn't get over away from her. She hit my van a little bit. When we got to the stop light, I got out to inspect the damage. She put a little dent in the sliding side door, but it still opened and closed properly. She acted like she didn't know that she'd hit me, apologized, said she didn't even see me coming up that lane. Whatever -- my van's in it's "senior years," so a little dent doesn't really bother me. Getting whacked in the door closest to Seth did shake me up a little bit, though. When I got home, I had to "un-stress" myself by organizing my ipod information -- I made an alphabetical list of all the albums on my ipod and color-coded them so that I could remember which ones I've re-loaded in mp3 format and which ones still need to be done. I know that's completely ocd-ish, but it really helped calm me down.

Crazy person #2: Seth! Makenzie, Seth, and I went to City Diner tonight while Jason, Joel, and Luke were at their first night of wrestling club. Seth has NEVER been as wild as he was tonight. At one point, he even ran out the door with Makenzie, the manager, and I running after him before he could get to the parking lot! The manager's husband who is a cook was chuckling and singing "FREEDOM!" It was really nice to see the manager and her cook husband who used to work the day shift and now are on night shift. She told me they'll be moving back to day shift sometime soon, though, and that made us very happy! It's hilarious to hear Seth try to say their names! They crack up over it, too. I think it makes people feel special to have a little angel make up his own names for them :-)

Crazy person #3: BICYCLE RIDER!!! Who in their right mind rides a BICYCLE on Northern Lights Blvd????!!!!!!!! Besides the highways, there are three main roads in this city -- Northern Lights is one of them!!! And she wasn't off the road, either. She was on the far right side, but it's WINTER for crying out loud! The snow plows don't plow any more than they absolutely have to for people to DRIVE relatively safely on the road. There IS a bike trail -- very snowy and not plowed, I'm sure, but safer than driving on the super-traffic-filled road! Maybe she was suicidal. Maybe I should've pulled over and asked her if she needed help or a ride to a counselor or a pastor or something. CRAZY!

-----------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Beautiful God" by Sarah Kelly

Beautiful God, timeless and unchanging
I don't understand the reach of Your hand and unending grace

So why am I so scared? I know You'd never hurt me
What is it I fear with love standing here so ready to save?

Don't let me walk away to make the same mistakes
With every breath I know that Your eyes they won't let me go

Beautiful God patient and unfailing
No words could thank or ever repay for all that You've done

Why am I so scared? I know You won't desert me
My future's unclear but I know You're here
Teaching me how to trust as You change me to love

Don't let me walk away to make the same mistakes
There's more to life, I know
Cause Your eyes they won't let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008