Friday, April 30, 2010

poor Seth!

So I learned a very valuable lesson the HARD WAY this week! When Seth STARTS wheezing, he needs to see a doctor ASAP to get a prescription for steroids. I didn't do that on Wednesday, so we ended up in the emergency room. We waited for over two hours in the waiting room until his airway was almost completely swollen shut and he was barely getting any oxygen whatsoever. THEN the triage nurse decided to call the e.r. docs to get us a room and some doctors and nurses to rescue my angel baby's life. If I hadn't been crying so hard, I probably would've felt like I was on some hospital show because all kinds of medical staff swooped in, capes flying, talking all their medical talk and doing all their medical rescue business. It was pretty amazing to see that kind of stuff in real life. I would have preferred it be someone NOT my child in distress, though! We stayed in the pediatric ICU Wednesday night and then the regular pediatric ward Thursday night. Seth is fine now, back to his normal angel baby self (his siblings have other words to describe Seth's normal, but I'm sticking with the positive here). I have repeatedly prayed that God bless all those people who helped Seth through that scarey night!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008