Tuesday, August 10, 2010

kids at a race they're not in

I need an appropriate "smiley" for the idea of that title! Like the one with huge wide eyes. We went to the Alaska 10K Classic on Saturday because Jason was in charge of it, it was a nice day, and the proceeds went to Special Olympics which Seth will be able to participate in someday. I was able to remember that my kids + a big open field - much supervision = CRAZINESS!

Luke is a little wild under the best of circumstances. Give him a little freedom and he's just plain out of control!


Joel went early with Pop Pop to help Jason, so he got this orange volunteer shirt.


Seth is the most difficult one in this type of situation because he has no concept of boundaries. We were in between two roads downtown, but Seth doesn't understand that moving vehicles can be dangerous to small children running around not looking where they're going. I have to either keep up with him myself or make one of the other kids try to corral him.


Makenzie, of course, wasn't a problem at all. She's almost always my helper. I don't know what in the world I'd do without her!


After the race, we went to a dinner at the home of one of Jason's runners on the high school cross country team. We took the truck because Jason had too much stuff to carry in the van. Seth kept misbehaving in the back seat. Hard to imagine that this angel could do anything wrong, I know!


But he did! Every time I'd turn around to tell him to stop hitting Luke, he'd give me this face:


We had to pull the truck over and reorganize the seating arrangement :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008