Monday, August 23, 2010

first day of school

Joel, Makenzie, and Luke started school again today. We were all thrilled that today finally arrived. I don't mean that in a negative way as in we don't want to be around each other. I mean it in a positive way as in we're all happy that we get to see each other AND other people and activities every day. All three kids have EXCELLENT teachers, and I'm sure this is going to be a GREAT school year for all of us!


Seth really didn't seem to notice that he was home alone with me until we picked the others up after school. Then he turned WILD! yelling, hitting, throwing things -- all to get attention from three of his favorite people who were a little bit tired out from getting up early and starting a new routine.


I have ultra-organized our morning and evening time so that everything gets done with minimal stress. Because I want to work while the kids are at school and because there are several things that I like to do before anyone else gets up in the mornings, I'm starting my days at 4:30 a.m. I know this is pretty much insane, but I really want the days to go more smoothly than we've experienced the past few years. Surely this is a temporary setup since the older the kids get, the more independent they'll become and be able to do more to get themselves ready for school. But for now, this schedule is really working -- well, at least this first day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008