Friday, October 15, 2010

hearing aids :-)


Can you see them? Seth got hearing aids today, and he LOVES them!!! At least today he does :-) They're not very noticeable when you look straight at him. They're not even too terribly obvious when you look at the side view.



So here's an up-close view:


As soon as the audiologist put them in, Seth started whispering to himself and to us. He was SO excited!!! The audiologist said that she had never seen someone so excited with getting hearing aids before. He hasn't tried to take them out yet at all. In fact, he yelled at me when I took them out to practice putting them back in. So the audiologist, Seth, and I are all VERY pleased with these new "ears."

And as a little side-note, Seth's kindergarten teacher and school librarian are reading a textbook about teaching children with Down syndrome how to read. I had to work really hard to not get tears in my eyes when she told me this because it's so touching that they would care enough about Seth to put in extra work time. And she's serious about learning the information, too. She said that she's reading it slowly and just a couple chapters a week so that she can put it into practice as she learns. It's always amazing to me when people care enough about my sweet Seth to spend their own time and attention on him :-)

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful teachers God blessed Seth with!! I'm getting teary eyed, too :-)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008