Wednesday, October 13, 2010

two cute boys


Isn't Seth's first school picture ADORABLE?! I never order the kids' school pictures in the fall, but I take pictures of their school i.d.'s to put in my photo album. I hope Seth's spring school pictures turn out as nice as this one -- I always order the spring pictures.

And here's a picture of Joel in his first season of junior high cross country:


He's so big, I can hardly see my baby Joel anymore :-( But, of course, every stage of a child's life has huge positive notes. Joel can get himself ready to go places and doesn't need help or reminders to do his homework (except special projects -- and Jason usually helps him with those because I've lost almost all schoolwork usefulness over the past ten years of being on diaper/kitchen/laundry duty). Probably most exciting of all, Joel is learning to decide for himself what he believes, wants, enjoys. The godly influences he has at school and church are helping lead him through the difficulties of doing what's good and right instead of doing what's selfish or self-serving. Somewhere in that pre-teen is still my sweet angel baby who occasionally needs a hug and reassurance from his mom :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008