Sunday, January 9, 2022

The Garden

 We've been having some beautiful weather, and I decided to enjoy it at the garden. I picked seven different benches throughout the garden to sit and read and look at the gorgeous plants and flowers.  This first one was off the path under some nice shade trees.

My favorite part of the garden is the rose garden.  It has a big four-tier fountain surrounded by benches and various colored rose bushes.  This bench was the only bench that I chose in the sun.

After reading a chapter in the sun, I moved over to a bench in a gazebo in the rose garden where  I could still see the fountain and roses.
By the time I sat to read at bench #4, I think several people had noticed that they'd been seeing me sitting at different benches all over the park.

Benches #5 and #6 were only a few feet away from each other, but they were in such beautiful spots that I had to sit and appreciate.
My final bench was almost completely secluded.  A small bridge crossed over a little ditch and led to a clearing surrounded by trees and plants.  I could see people walking on the paved path, and they could probably see me; but no one else came into this clearing while I sat there.  The only drawback was that I couldn't quite touch the ground while sitting on this bench.
I'm hoping this is an activity that I can do regularly because, as my mother-in-law mentioned when I told her what I was doing, this is definitely my happy place!


No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008