Monday, October 27, 2008

someday



Someday, I hope that the kids' leaving for school and their bedtime are not the best parts of my day. Someday, they'll be able to do some things for themselves. Someday, they'll be able to be in the same room for more than thirty seconds without fighting. Someday, they'll either clean up their own messes or stop making messes. But will I make it to "someday"?

All four of my children are BEAUTIFUL little people with their own positive and negative personality traits. But when they're asleep, they're all perfect ANGELS!

Yesterday and today, I've been rearranging my living room and dining area. Friends from church bought new kitchen furniture and gave their previous set to us. I've been wanting some kind of display case for my snowman collection for years, and now I have a beautiful lighted hutch that matches my floors and wooden ceiling beams perfectly. For months, I've been looking on Craig's List for a larger kitchen table set. Not only do I now have the perfect set for us, but I also sold the old one just a few hours after receiving the new one. So THANK YOU to the Powers family for your amazing generosity! My mom and step-dad visited about a month ago and helped me paint my kitchen, dining and living areas, hallway, and both bathrooms. I hope to paint the rest of the living room and the entryway this weekend to finish the redecoration of the immediately visible areas of my house. I feel like I'm in a completely different place.

I read a lot lately. My most recent book was
The Living End by Lisa Samson. It was the story of a woman whose husband died minutes after showing her his list of goals to accomplish while he lived. She decided to complete the list for him. One important point of the book was that for a time, she felt completely alone. She had no children to take care of her after her husband's death (reminding me that I'm thankful that I DO have children). Her plan was to complete her husband's wish list and then kill herself. Partway through the list, though, she realized that she didn't want to die anymore, mostly because she wasn't alone anymore. She had made two new close friends, had reconnected with her two cousins and brother (who had Down syndrome), and had come to more fully appreciate her neighbor and old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008