Saturday, August 1, 2009

kitchen time and headache

I spent two HOURS standing in the kitchen today :-( And somewhere along the way -- before kitchen time -- I developed a headache :-( The result, however, of that two hours was GREAT!!!! I made broccoli salad again, and it turned out even better than it did the first time :-) And THEN I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies :-) Gluten free oats aren't as good in my opinion as normal oats, but the cookies were still good -- there aren't many left, in fact :-) Since I haven't had any kind of oats in about ten years, I have to slowly re-introduce it. The package of oats gave these instructions: two cookies twice a week for one week, then two cookies three times a week for two to three weeks, then as much as I want after that. I might have some problems the first two or three weeks because my intestines aren't used to this kind of fiber -- sounds lovely, doesn't it? Oats aren't exactly a necessity for me, so the initial side effect might make me decide to just live without it for the rest of my life just like wheat, rye, and barley. It would be kinda nice sometimes, though, to have no-bake cookies, oatmeal cookies, oatmeal, and the kind of cobbler desserts that have oats and "stuff" as a topping. I'm sure I can survive without them, though, just as I've been doing for ten years now :-)

Amanda, Darryl, and Gavin (Jason's sister, brother-in-law, and nephew) came over tonight for grilled burgers and a few games of Family Feud. The kids enjoyed the game much more with the extra adults! Luke is absolutely NOT a sit still kind of person -- he was running all over the place, playing the game one minute, knocking down Seth's and Gavin's block tower the next. At one point, Luke was loudly talking a lot. Gavin, who is two, came over and told him to "zip it!" It cracks me up when little kids imitate us adults!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008