Friday, August 21, 2009

MAKAYLA'S HERE!

Makayla Ann Nelson, my newest niece was born this morning. She and Amanda (my sister-in-law) are both doing great! We went to see them this afternoon, and Amanda looks MUCH better than I felt after any of my kids were born!

Makenzie has waited six years for this moment to hold a baby girl in our family :-)



Luke was so excited, he was shaking (nothing new really, he always shakes a little, but I think he was quite nervous to hold such a new, tiny baby).


Joel waited patiently for his turn to hold the new little princess.



Seth really didn't want to get anywhere near Makayla (which was really a good thing since "be careful" isn't a direction he knows how to follow yet). Jason did get him to kiss her little head (several times until I caught it on the camera).


The sweet girl slept through our whole visit. That's a pretty amazing accomplishment considering there was practically a circus going on all around her.


Some women hold a new baby and think, "oh how I'd like to have another little baby of my own." NOT ME!!! I was thinking, "Makayla is a beautiful little gift from God, but I'm SO VERY GLAD that Amanda's the one in the recovery room, not me!"

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the pictures!! I'm so happy for your family. It's amazing about second borns, they're already used to a bunch of noise! Amber could sleep through anything . . . .her older brother? Not so much.

    Yeah, I'm 40 and I have no business having another baby. I really don't yearn for another one anyway so that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes beautiful just beatiful

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008