Tuesday, November 3, 2009

good explanation

This is the best holiday conversion I've heard yet:

The farmers harvest at the end of fall, and we are celebrating the end of harvest time. We get candy to symbolize the extra from the harvest after their needs were met.

That's how my sister-in-law explained October 31 to my nephew. Much better than "fall festival" because season celebrations are what pagan religions do. Although we Christians could celebrate the changes of seasons, too, since God's the one who made up the idea of season changes. I guess I don't know what I think about that idea.

Today was a flop of a day :-( Seth and I had PLANNED to go to Bouncin Bears with Amanda, Gavin, and Makayla -- THAT WOULD'VE BEEN FUN FUN FUN!!!! And then I had PLANNED to go to my ASL class -- that would've been very productive (if the teenagers in the class paid attention so the old lady student could concentrate). But instead, I stayed home with my pukey Lukey. He didn't eat much yesterday and couldn't eat any breakfast at all this morning. He didn't have a fever and didn't throw up, so he went to school. And then threw up. He feels pretty much ok if he doesn't eat or drink anything. Every time he eats or drinks more than a sip every couple minutes, it all comes back up. He has proven himself to be the BEST puker, though -- not even a drop outside of the barf bucket -- way to go Luke!!! Speaking of "bucket," I need to go find that thing since the family rule is that barfy children go NOWHERE without the bucket and it is clearly not with him on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008