Saturday, November 28, 2009

snow and sledding

The view out my front door every morning is SO beautiful -- very "Thomas Kinkade-ish"!! I don't have a professional photographer's kind of camera, so this is the best I could do at capturing the beauty:


This morning, we took the kids to go sledding. Aside from all the whining, yelling, and arguing that seems to always be present when two or more of my children are in one place, it was REALLY fun for them and funny for me to watch. I just love the look of "OH NO! I might crash into something, but WOW this is fun!" on their cute little faces!!!


Seth LOVES to go sledding!!!! He's not scared one bit (probably because he has no concept of cause and effect yet, so he doesn't realize the potential for crashing).



Joel crashed quite a few times at first, mostly because he was trying to avoid running into Luke, I think. We ended that problem by assigning sledding tracks (thankfully, there were three separate parts of the hill already packed down and ready for sledding).


Luke slid the furthest through the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.



Apparently sledding is exhausting to Makenzie:


Joel crashed again:



I'm really not sure why Luke decided to do a little flip-over:



Seth didn't appreciate getting sprayed with snow, but he didn't complain out loud and was fine after we wiped the snow off his face.




Luke did a little crash on the parking lot, so Seth ran over to comfort him.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008