Friday, November 6, 2009

water park days

Seth and I went to H2Oasis today for about an hour. I wish so badly that I had taken the camera to video him because he was GREAT today! We did some walking to strengthen his muscles so that maybe he'll get strong enough to NOT slap his feet when he walks. Then I convinced Seth to go down the slides (a.k.a. pushed him down). He kept coming back up the steps, so I guess he enjoyed sliding. After several slides, I tried to get him to do some more walking, but that activity was no longer interesting compared to sliding. There are two places for little guys to play -- a pirate ship with several slides and water shooting out all over the place and a single slide that lands in the one-foot beginning to the regular pool. Since I knew we only had about an hour to play because we would have to get changed and fed before my 2 p.m. class, I really didn't want to get my hair wet and have to go through my whole "getting ready to go" routine for the second time today. The single slide with NO water shooting out all over the place looked much more appealing to me, and I'm so glad that my self-centeredness worked out for good this once. Seth liked that slide so much better and was able to climb the steps, slide down the slide, and walk through the water to do it again ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! That feeling of independence made him (and me) SO happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008