Saturday, February 14, 2009

almost ready

I definitely earned my paycheck today! oh, yeah, I don't get any money for this job. Good thing Jason doesn't look into the checkbook because he DOES get a paycheck, but I take it :-) That's how it's supposed to work, isn't it? (That's a rhetorical question, by the way.) Anyway, my day started at about 4:45 a.m. with my normal routine of getting ready. I didn't make any coffee, however, because I planned to stop by Radio Espresso on my way to Walmart. One problem -- that place doesn't open until 9 a.m. on Saturdays. That's stupid! So I went to the drivethrough coffee place in the parking lot of Value Village right across the street from Radio Espresso. One problem -- they didn't have any decaf made yet. I was pretty upset by this time! I think a couple tears even slipped out, but I had to hurry on to Walmart to get there and back before Jason had to leave for work at 7:20 a.m. (I made it.) When I got home, the first thing I did, of course, was make my coffee! As soon as everyone was finished with breakfast, I started working -- cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. Lunch break and put-Seth-to-bed break, and then back to more cleaning. I finally got the house clean somewhere around 4 p.m. and started the food for tomorrow. Happy Meals for dinner since I was pretty brain-dead from a full day of cleaning. When Amanda and I were deciding where to have Gavin's/Makenzie's family birthday party, we had the argument of her house already being cleaned because Darryl's parents would be coming. I said that I probably wouldn't clean whether they came or not. HA! I had to take that comment back once I looked around a little bit and saw just how filthy my house had gotten. Where'd all that dirt come from, for crying out loud? You'd think six people lived in this place or something. So the house is clean, the taco meat is cooked, the tomatoes and onions are chopped, the salsa is mixed, the coffee is ground, Gavin's presents are wrapped, the leaves are in the table, the cakes are baked. Now I just have to put up the decorations, start the dishwasher, frost the cakes, and go to Fred Meyer because I just remembered that I forgot to buy lettuce (which is ok since I was going to Fred's tonight anyway). This is the first time we've stretched out our new GIANT table. It's HUGE!

This is a BORING post -- but it helps me to recount what I did on a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008