Monday, February 2, 2009

BLESSED!











After fifteen tries to get a good picture of Seth today, I gave up -- these are from a couple years ago. Seth did not complain in any way to being awakened by the camera flash :-) I just read a few more chapters of Expecting Adam and had to write out how I'm feeling about what I read and what God has blessed me with. The people in that book are from very "intellectual" lives. People advised them to kill their baby, using the "socially acceptable" term of "terminating the pregnancy." Some people gave this advice because a baby would be an inconvenience to the parents' careers. Others gave this advice because raising a "retarded child" was just unthinkable to them. So on to the title of this post: BLESSED! I have been BLESSED with a good childhood in a family that raised me to know that the top priorities in life are God, family, and friends. I have been BLESSED with a tender heart that God has shaped to be compassionate, accepting, and loving toward all people no matter what race, religion, or abilities. I have been BLESSED with three beautiful, intelligent, creative, healthy children. I have been BLESSED beyond all explanation with one perfectly amazing angel child. To even consider the fact that without the first two blessings, I might not have been granted the fourth blessing makes me cry in gratitude for my Lord's goodness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008