Tuesday, June 19, 2018

One Tiny Sliver

Seth went to the lab for his six-week blood draw.  I almost didn't take him because I couldn't find the lidocaine to numb his poor little arm.  When I called the pharmacy to order a refill, they told me that it wouldn't be available until Friday at the earliest.  Since it was six weeks on the dot from the last blood test, I didn't want to put off the test.  Seth was brave and didn't move or yell at all when the phlebotomist stuck in the needle.  I was so proud of him, especially since a little girl with Down syndrome was screaming in the other chair.  The poor girl did NOT want to have her blood drawn.  On our way back out to the car, Seth looked up to the cloud-covered sky and pointed at the one tiny sliver of sky without clouds and said, "Look, Mom!  Beautiful blue sky!"  God, please give me that ability again to find pieces of beauty even in the grayest darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008