Monday, July 13, 2020

I Choose Joy

Saturday, the local paper published a negative story about our school and church online. Today that story was printed in the physical newspaper. One friend texted me to let me know, and another friend called to make sure I was OK. I’m so thankful for the many people who care about us and know us well enough to know that the things printed online and in the paper are twisted versions of the truth or even flat out lies. Here’s the thing. There’s nothing we can do about people who say ugly things. But there is something we can do about our reactions to people who say ugly things. I’m choosing joy. I’m choosing to rely on God. He has always provided our needs, and I have faith that He always will. Whether that means staying in Alaska for the rest of our lives or moving somewhere else, I know God will take care of us. There are two songs that were sung at my church many times that encourage me right now and say exactly what I want my life to say to the whole world. BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD (https://youtu.be/du0il6d-DAk) and GLORY TO GOD (https://youtu.be/h64opCwLZCw). There are people who are trying to destroy our church, our Christian school, and our family’s life. They will not succeed! Even if Jason has to lose his job, they still don’t win. We will forgive them. We will move on. We will keep on singing praises to the name of our Lord and Savior! The enemy will never win!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008