Wednesday, March 25, 2009

all kinds of "stuff"

I have a headache -- not a migraine, thank God, but just a headache that I've been holding off with ibuprofen. The reason to mention that is that this blog is going to be scattered because of that headache. I have a million little things running through my brain, though, and they need to come OUT!

I really don't like facebook. There's just too much stuff on there! I do like looking at people's pictures and reading their "what are you doing now" sentences. The rest of the stuff on there is just way too much for me. And the "what are you doing now" kind of thing is what I use twitter for. I love twitter! I liked myspace, but everyone switched over to facebook -- I've mentioned that before, I think. I'm still irritated by it, though.

And here's another thing I'm irritated about -- DRIVERS! Why in the WORLD do people drive FIFTY on the highway?????!!!!!! We can go 65, for crying out loud! Why do people drive 50? It's not icy anymore, so that's not their excuse. I think they're just not paying attention (aka -- they shouldn't be driving!). But people will drive 35 or faster through the little side streets where children could jump out at any moment. STUPID!!!!

Apparently, I'm grouchy. Good thing the kids are all downstairs playing the wii.

Ok -- here's a non-grouchy thing: a friend from church answered my facebook plea for someone to record Third Day on the Gospel Music Channel this Saturday. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO VERY excited about this!!!! (and I have to point out that I changed my original opinion of facebook because of this situation -- I no longer HATE facebook. Now I just DISLIKE it :-) Someday, I'm going to have a job (at least I hope that'll be part of my future!) and get that tv station. I wish I could get JUST that station and not all the other garbage channels, but I don't think that's possible. I have a whole list for "when I get a job":
1. take all my kids to visit my family more often, like once every year or two (if I get a super great job, wouldn't it be nice to fly first class instead of squished-together-like-sardines-economy class?!)
2. go to any movie and concert that the kids and/or I want to
3. eat out more often (more than just McDonald's!)
4. go to the doctor and dentist regularly (such high ambitions, huh?)
5. hire a cook and/or housecleaner

I could go on and on, but those are the ones on my mind right now. That number one thing is on my mind because I bought tickets last night for Seth and me to fly to visit my family and go to my brother's wedding. When I told Joel, Makenzie, and Luke about buying the tickets, Makenzie and Luke fell apart! Makenzie went in a corner and cried quietly. Luke had no such good manners. He lets the whole world know when he's upset. For some reason, Luke gets very upset and scared when I go anywhere without him. He doesn't even like for me to go on my nightly summer walks. It didn't help in this situation that I'm flying out about a week before his birthday. I told him I'd only be gone for seven days and that I'd be home in plenty of time to put together his birthday party. He wouldn't listen. I'd take him with me so that he wouldn't be upset, but then I'd probably have to be hospitalized when I returned to Anchorage to treat the ulcers that would result from such an experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing all my family. I haven't been home for five and a half years, I think. My mom has been up here twice in that time, though.

I'm making eggs and sausage for dinner. I didn't feel like going to Carrs this afternoon and forgot to see if I actually HAVE enough eggs to feed six people. Have I mentioned lately how much I HATE to cook?! If it weren't for this stupid celiac disease, I'd be buying pre-made food ALL the time (like Costco lasagna, chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, ANYTHING that doesn't require more than opening a bag or box and sticking it in the oven!).

And I'm back to grouchy :-) Headaches rarely last more than one day, so I should be better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wheww...good thing I was going 34 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pre-made stuff is SO BAD for you!! Have you ever looked at the ingredients? Do it once and you won't feel so awful about not eating it.

    Sorry the kids got so upset about you going without them. My daughter was NOT happy that I went to AK without her in January. When I told her how cold it was she didn't mind being left behind!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008