Saturday, March 21, 2009

ditzy / wrestling

I thought that I was doing a good job today with scheduling. I got up at a decent time, got the boys all ready for their wrestling tournament, changed all the sheets, started the laundry, went to Seth's appointment, got Luke's crayons, went to the library. At about 3 p.m., I started feeling like I was forgetting something, but figured it was just the different feeling of letting Seth sleep since I didn't have to pick the kids up from school. At 4:40 p.m., I walked by the calendar and realized that I had signed up for a Down syndrome group activity that started at 4 p.m. on the other side of town! We zipped over there and got to play for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I really amaze myself with my ditziness!

Today was Joel and Luke's first wrestling tournament this year. Joel won two matches and lost two. He did VERY well! Luke won two matches and lost three, but still got third place. Jason said that Luke should've won the first match he wrestled, but he must've been nervous or something. Last year, Luke didn't win a single match; so he's already doing MUCH better than last year!

Joel has gotten to be SO big! He wrestled today in the 95-pound group (88 - 95 pounds).
I know it looks like Luke is grabbing something he shouldn't be, but I guess that's just part of wrestling. I'm always glad when my boys are on top because it means they're less likely to get hurt! Luke was SO happy about getting that medal!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008