Sunday, April 26, 2009

belated 5th day

Yesterday was so very busy that there wasn't a spare minute to get on here. I got to go to Starbucks for some morning coffee and to see Andrea, Declan's mom. She loaned us her pack-n-play crib for Seth to sleep in all week (QUITE the lifesaver!!!) and also gave me a pound of Starbucks coffee beans to take home :-) Her friend at work also gave me her pound of coffee beans because Seth was so cute :-) I'm telling you, people here are unbelievably nice!

My step-sister's baby shower was yesterday morning. Both of my step-sisters are going to have babies this summer; but this is Jennifer's first baby, so she got the shower this time. I didn't get to see two of Jessica's children, but I got to see Aiyana -- SUCH a little sweetheart!
This is Jennifer on the left and Jessica on the right.
After the shower, we zoomed back to Mom's house to change for the wedding. If you can believe it, I didn't make us late! Seth loved his Uncle John, of course :-)
And Seth REALLY loves his cousins, Nathan and Declan. They've been really great playing with Seth and just being all-around nice kids! (and CUTE!)
Seth was an angel throughout the whole wedding. He sat between Aunt Ruby and Uncle Carlos the whole time and didn't make even one sound. Aunt Ruby fed him Cheerios and Uncle Carlos held the kleenex that Seth wanted to wipe his fingers on after each Cheerio :-)
My new sister-in-law, Jenny, looked GORGEOUS! Seth fell asleep during the pictures after the wedding. He'd been asleep for about fifteen minutes when it was our turn to be in the pictures. He cooperated very nicely for being half asleep :-)
In between the after-wedding pictures at the church and pictures in a nearby park, we ran home to get some lunch since everyone was "starving!" John and Jenny went to the hospital to see her grandmother before going to the park for the rest of the pictures.
We had a few hours to relax at Mom's house before the reception. I used that time to load all our wedding pictures onto the hy-vee website to make one disc for Mom have.
When we got to the reception, Aunt Ruby took Seth for a good long walk until more people started coming in, making it too difficult for a little guy to walk around. Just a few minutes after he came back to sit on my lap, Seth fell asleep and slept for at least an hour and a half! And it was NOT in any way quiet in there. Seth was just DONE being awake for awhile.

Aunt Ruby, Uncle Carlos, Aunt Vic, Uncle Lyle, Mom, Dale, and I (and Seth when he woke up) all sat together for the reception :-) I was glad to have some more time with my family :-)

My dad and Marcia sat close to us, too. It was good to see them since I only get to talk to them on the phone or computer usually :-)
When Seth finally did wake up, he ate three plates of food (that sounds like he's a little piggy, but I only had a few little meatballs and one ravioli on each plate). He also had to share my Sprite, the little beggar :-)
John and Jenny's cake was beautiful with bright pink ribbon around each cake to match Jenny's shoes and the flowers.
Nathan, Declan, and I played SlapJack for awhile. Nathan was the SlapJack champion of the evening; he beat Declan twice, and then he beat me several times. If we had been able to find a quieter spot, Nathan could've taught me how to play Texas Hold'em since that's another of his favorites.
I wouldn't mind having six kids if these two boys were the additional two! They are CUTE and so NICE, I'd love to just pack them up and take them home with me!
By the time we got home, I just had enough energy left to call my kids and tell them goodnight before I fell asleep :-) Today's another busy day, but I'll write about that later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008