Tuesday, April 21, 2009

day 1 of vacation

This first picture is our attempt at a "bye-bye Mom" picture -- but all four kids were so silly that the whole bunch of us look nuts :-) We had a good evening (if I block out all the fighting) of looking at the kids' school pictures, packing up the van, eating at Applebee's, then going to the airport. The "goodbyes" weren't as bad as I'd anticipated. Luke told me through his tears that I was NOT getting on that plane; I WAS going back home with him! Poor little guy. He cried again when Jason called to ask a few questions a little later.

We had a good trip -- I only got to sleep for about a half-hour, and Seth slept for about two or three hours. We're both pretty tired, but Seth moreso than me:

The toy he's holding is a stuffed Snoopy that my mom had out. Seth grabbed it within minutes of getting here and has carried it around and played with it and was even sleeping with it :-)
Today, we got to see my mom, one of my aunts, one of my nephews, and one of my cousins. We have lots of visits planned with all the family and some old friends :-)

2 comments:

  1. Makenzie says I Love You Mom and I miss you and I hope you have a good trip.
    Joel wants to know if Seth gets to keep the Snoopy toy.
    Luke says I hope you have a nice, fun party with your brother and say HI to Seth for me and say HI to Grammy Ruth and Poppy Dale for me.
    Dad misses you both greatly and wishes you could have been here for Joels throwup adventure :)
    Have a good time. Get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing because Joel wants to know if Luke gets to keep the Snoopy!!!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008