Monday, April 20, 2009

going out of state

Seth and I are flying down to Illinois tonight to see my family and to go to my brother's wedding on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to getting to hug and visit with everyone!!!! but I'm not a big fan of going any further from my house than my yard, let alone flying thousands of miles away from my house. The packing and planning part of a trip are very stressful to me -- on top of the normal daily stress of being a mother of four and being a mother to a "disabled" child. (I don't think of Seth as disabled, so I use quotes around that word.) Anyway, I'm almost finished packing and planning now, so in just a few hours when the older three kids come home from school, I'm hoping for a FUN few hours before they take me to the airport. That last part will be DIFFICULT (severe understatement there!) -- Luke and Makenzie have almost been in tears since they woke up this morning. Luke didn't want me to leave his room last night -- he held on to my neck when I hugged him good night. A week to these two little ones is just about the equivalent of forever. So the airport scene will be pretty bad to say the least.

My morning Bible readings lately have been really great, so I'm going to share a little piece of it here:

"When I come to the end of myself, wherever I am in the world, God is there. And from that seeming dead end, He can create new life and give new strength. I never need fear that I have not taken Him along." (Gladis and Gordon DePree)

"He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak . . . those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength . . ." (Isaiah 40:25-31)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun!! I hope you guys have a very non-stressful flight :) And that Jason and the other 3 survive without Mom... It was always very interesting when Tia would leave. I was old enough to morph into the mom role. I'd cook and clean and make sure Colin and Ellie would take their showers ;)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008