Friday, April 10, 2009

Mom's Day Off

Today I took most of the day "off" to spend the day with a friend of mine from church. Before we could get our "Moms Day Off" started, though, I had quite a list to work through: 5 a.m. shower and get myself ready, 6:15 a.m. bathe and dress Seth, 6:30 a.m. get all the kids milk cups and minerals glasses ready and in the fridge for whenever they got up, 7 a.m. start the laundry, 7:30 a.m. get gas/return a library book and movie/take Seth and Joel to the dentist by 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. switch the laundry and give last minute instructions to Jason and the kids :-)

But then it was LADIES GET OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR SOME FUN time! We started off with coffee from Radio Espresso, then went on to the shopping -- Penney's, looking around 5th Ave. Mall, Dimond Center, lunch break at Red Robin, Value Village (my all-time favorite store!), Kohl's (very impressed with that one even though I didn't buy anything today), and Fred Meyer. We had A LOT OF FUN!!!! It was a no-hurry, no-kids, no-stress, all for fun day :-)

I was pretty impressed that Jason only called me one time the whole day. He wanted to know if I had anything planned for dinner or if he was on his own for that meal, too (he had made pasta with alfredo sauce for lunch, which everyone but Luke LOVED). While I was out, Jason and the kids did the rest of the laundry (except for putting it away, which was fine because I don't think any of them really knows where anything goes), vacuumed and dusted the van and truck, cleaned up the kitchen from lunch, and gave Seth a nap. They did a good job without me :-) I guess I'll have to do this more often :-)

These pictures have pretty much nothing to do with the rest of this day, but Seth looked SO VERY cute when I came upstairs from tucking in the older three kids! He had his one leg crossed over the other leg, just relaxing with Dad watching tv. Until I brought in the camera, of course. He gave me a SUPER-SWEET-LONG-TIGHT hug tonight before he went to bed. I think he had just realized that I'd been gone all day but was home to stay again :-)




1 comment:

  1. I love Mom's Days!! I'm glad you had a great time. Go back to Kohl's in about 2 or 3 months. They have the most AMAZING sales! I recently got a $48 sweater for $9.60. And last year I got Ralph Lauren shorts for $4.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008