Sunday, January 10, 2010

day 10 of 2010

We had a GREAT day in church today! Jamey Ragle spoke both this morning and this evening, and he was both hilarious and challenging. This morning he reminded us all that Hell is real, it's forever, and it's horrible. We don't want to go there, and we don't want anyone else to go there, either. And no one HAS to go there. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God the Father raised Jesus (God the Son) from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9-10). Every single human being has sinned (Romans 3:23), and the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). Then tonight Jamey talked about choices and how some choices don't really matter, but some affect the rest of our lives -- so THINK before making choices, and examine the cost of choices. His funniest joke (in my opinion) was describing himself in a bathing suit as looking like a busted can of biscuits! I couldn't stop chuckling at that one.

This afternoon, Joel fixed a gift box that he got from Uncle Richard:


He wants me to find a place to keep it where it will be in a place of decoration for all the family to enjoy. I'm still looking :-)

I finished reading one of my Christmas gift books today: "The Lumby Lines" by Gail Fraser. It was quite interesting, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! It is set in a small town where everyone knows everyone else and outsiders are pretty much not welcome. Some outsiders moved to town and bought property, but were not welcomed until the husband helped save a teenager's life in a boating accident. The whole story and setting of the book is relaxing, interesting, nice. I asked for this series of books because they seemed to resemble the Mitford series, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and will definitely read again someday. While I wait for the second book in the series to arrive from Amazon.com, I'm reading a book from the library -- crazy, I know, when I have a whole stack of books to read right here in my house.

--------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Take my Life" by Third Day

Please take from me my life
When I don't have the strength
To give it away to you, Jesus.

------------------------------------------------------------

today's verse: Judges 2:11 - 18
The nation of Israel kept forgetting that Yahweh is the only real God and what He had done for them. They kept getting involved with idol worship, which angered God. He allowed other nations to afflict the Israelites. "Nevertheless, the Lord raised up judges who delivered them out of the hand of those who plundered them . . . for the Lord was moved with pity by their groaning . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008