Friday, January 8, 2010

family time

This morning, Seth wanted to sit in a chair at the table instead of being buckled in his high chair. That little experiment didn't last too long because he couldn't sit still and just eat. Seth and Luke both are movers -- they like to take a bite and then run around until they need another bite. Luke understands the concept of good/bad manners, though; so he knows that he SHOULD still and eat, and he CAN do that if necessary. Seth doesn't understand anything at all about the concept of manners, so I'm still trying to teach him. Since he couldn't sit still in his own chair and didn't want to be in a high chair like a "baby," I held him on my lap -- a compromise for him, a sweet memory for me. I couldn't capture the sweetness of it with the camera, though, because when he saw the flashing light of the timer, he started smiling and laughing. Before I turned the camera on, he was snuggling and hugging me :-)



This little bendable tripod was one of my Christmas gifts and is what I was using to take the previous two pictures:


After school today, I asked Luke and Makenzie to help me think of something "fun" to have for dinner tonight because it was "family fun night." Makenzie's suggestion was tacos, so we modified that idea a little bit to have home baked nachos with taco meat. We were going to have a fun time making chocolate covered pretzels, but that didn't work out. Instead we just dipped our pretzels in the failure of melted white chocolate chips and frosting. It was REALLY yummy still. Too bad I ate so many that I gave myself a stomach ache. I'm good at telling the kids "that's enough sweets," but I don't seem to practice what I preach on that topic very often.

By the way, Joel didn't get to contribute to the "fun food" decision because he was at JUNIOR HIGH wrestling practice. That causes me a little bit of anxiety because life is going by pretty fast and my kids are going to be all grown up so soon. Joel's only in the fifth grade, so he can't compete with the jr. highers. Several of the fifth grade boys like to practice with them, though, to get ready for their wrestling club season coming up in a couple months.

So tonight, family fun night consisted of taco nachos, the movie "Robots," and then a game of "Clue." How in the world we could handle all that excitement is beyond me :-)

---------------------------------------------

today's song: "No Less" by Joy Williams

I want to give my all and no less
I want to live my life with no regrets

----------------------------------------------

today's verse: Joshua 21:45
"Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008