Friday, January 22, 2010

another day

I couldn't quite pull myself together today to get anything done correctly, so there's no picture today. Joel is at his first "camp" experience -- a winter retreat for 4th-, 5th-, and 6th-graders. Jason went as bus driver and counselor (I suggested that he might like to go -- a.k.a. told him he was going to be with Joel -- but he's glad to be there, I'm sure). Makenzie had an Awana party tonight at church, so Luke and I got to play some games all by ourselves for a little while.

Maybe the cold and darkness has me in "hibernation mode" or something, but I'm TIRED all of the time! I'm looking forward to the day when the kids can get themselves ready so that I don't have to get up so very early every morning! But I'm enjoying this stage of their lives, too -- they're so cute and funny. And it's nice to be necessary to people's lives. And I'm sure their hugs will get shorter and fewer the older they get. So now's a good time, with or without sleep :-)

---------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Be Thou My Vision" by Eden's Bridge

This is one of favorite hymns by a Christian Celtic group. I know the Celts as a group were pagans, but I'm sure some of them became Christians. This group is definitely Christian, just singing their songs with Celtic style. Celtic music is BEAUTIFUL! The Celtic flute is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world! (little trivia note -- did you know that both "c's" in the word "celtic" are pronounced as "k's"? It's true. I'm not sure why the sports team decided to pronounce it differently.)

1 comment:

  1. I know what your talking about. Every morning I start thinking about what it will be like when the boys are older but then remember to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008