Monday, January 18, 2010

family fun day

Since today was a holiday, there was no school :-) The kids got to sleep in, play the wii, and get ready without hearing "hurry up" a million times. We had two super-fun activities: we went to see "Alvin & the Chipmunks" and then we spent over three hours at H2Oasis. We had some free tickets to both of these places or we wouldn't have gone to either place. We would've had family fun day at home with our own movies and maybe some board games.

After H2Oasis, I was SO exhausted and hungry! I don't think it affected the kids the same way, though. Today was my first experience with the "Master Blaster" -- the huge water slide. It was really fun, but I'm still not quite sure it was worth climbing 492 steep steps carrying an inflated innertube big enough for two people (yes, I'm exaggerating a little about how many steps, but NOT about the steepness).

I forgot my camera when we left the house, so here a couple funny pictures from the end of our day:

Joel got in trouble for being mean to someone downstairs, so he had to come upstairs and watch "Blue's Clues":


I think Seth might be getting tired of all the picture-taking:


-----------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "How Happy is the Man" by Margaret Becker

-------------------------------------------------------------------

today's verse: I Samuel 7:3
"If you return to the Lord with all your hearts . . . and prepare your hearts for the Lord and serve Him only, He will deliver you . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008