Friday, February 1, 2019

Influenza A


I've had the flu (the real flu according to the nose swab test the doctor did Wednesday night) most of this week.  The worst part of this has been not being able to hug my kids.  Thursday, Makenzie came home after her first two classes so that she could hang out with Seth and I could stay in bed, hoping that Seth doesn't catch this.  When I told Seth that maybe I'd be able to hug him on Sunday, he emphatically said SATURDAY!  Today, I sat on the couch most of the day with Seth, so he picked out a stack of movies that he knows I enjoy.  It's SO hard to not hug this precious boy!  A close second worst part has been the horrible pain in both hips.  The doctor ordered a shot that she described as being "like ibuprofen on crack."  It took several hours to start working, but it finally helped.  Hopefully, I'll be all better by Sunday so that Makenzie and I can enjoy our 2nd annual Super Bowl tradition of NOT watching the Super Bowl while drinking coffee/hot chocolate and reading at one of our favorite cafes.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008