Sunday, November 2, 2008

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No picture this time either -- I don't even WANT to remember this (except I'm writing about it to get it OUT of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!)! Let's start at the very beginning. Last night we set the clocks back -- one of my favorite nights! So the kids stayed up until 9 p.m. (which in reality was 10 p.m. so that they'd sleep in a little). For some reason (in hindsight, I know it was the Holy Spirit waking me up to get ready for the ordeal to follow), my eyes opened at 5 a.m. and I couldn't go back to sleep. I thought it was ok, though, because I could get ready for church and then read for a good hour -- yay for mom time! That hope was DASHED to pieces when I came out of the bathroom at 6:00 to a foul odor coming from Seth's room. I went ahead and did my nails and Bible reading, using the excuse that maybe he wasn't done or maybe it was only a tiny little bit and he had gone back to sleep. WRONG!!!! Seth was definitely awake when I listened at his door, so I knew I had to get him up and change him. When I turned on the light, however, I thought this MUST just be a nightmare. My SWEET Seth could NEVER make THAT huge of a stink mess!!!!! It was EVERYWHERE! And not because he'd been playing with it -- it was just an EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wash doody-filled material, so a sheet, a onesie (which I cut off him at the shoulders so I didn't have to touch any nastiness), and his brand new jammies all went in the garbage. What a LOVELY way to start the Lord's Day :-( I MOST definitely deserve to go to Starbucks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008