Friday, January 16, 2009

another day

Today was almost the same as yesterday (minus the surgery, of course). No school, crazy weather (windy, warm, rain), kids watching movies (of themselves today -- that always cracks us all up to watch them when they were babies and especially when they were between two and four!), Dad taking the boys OUT of the house for awhile (yay for Chuck-E-Cheese!!), headache, is it time for bed yet?

Seth's eyes look AWFUL (to me and Makenzie anyway -- I think they look exactly how they're supposed to look, just really bloodshot on the inside corners). He seems to be fine, except when I have to put the ointment in them. That seems to bother him quite a bit. He's fine again, though, after I wipe the excess and let him loose to play.

I finished a book today -- Julie Andrews' autobiography. It's always interesting to get a little glimpse into famous people's personal lives and pasts. Next up on the reading list: The Memory Keeper's Daughter!!!!! I've wanted to read that for a long time, but I keep putting it off. But now . . . .. . . . . . IT'S TIME!!!! I wonder if every parent of a special needs child has read this book. Or maybe every parent with a special needs child is putting off reading this book because it's so very difficult to face the reality of our situation. And that's a whole can of worms that I just can't handle opening when I have a headache.

2 comments:

  1. The Memory Keeper's Daughter was so good. I cried a lot though. Do you have a copy? cause you could borrow mine if not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a copy with a gift card I had -- thanks, though. Yeah, I'm going to cry, too, I can tell already. I 'bout lost it when the father saw that the baby girl was "mongoloid"!!!!! That's just SO wrong and horrible to me. If anyone called Seth that in my hearing, I think I'd have to smack them! This is what I was going to write about on my post today, so I'll get to it now.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008