Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ANOTHER surgery























It's still REALLY cold, and Seth had an eye appointment today. The parking lot is quite a distance from the building, so I put on this snowsuit. He wouldn't cooperate with getting a picture, but I tried. The eye doctor said that the glasses aren't working for Seth or he'd be wanting to wear them. So next Thursday, Seth's having eye surgery. It's a pretty fast procedure, I think. He'll only have anesthesia for about a half-hour. When I asked the doctor if there would be any pain after surgery, he said, "Well, my back will hurt a little bit, but nothing too bad." He's a joker! Then he said seriously that Seth won't have much pain, about as much as a new tooth coming in. I don't know how to compare mouth pain to eye pain, but that's all he said about it. This poor little guy spends more time with doctors and therapists than with his brothers and sister, it seems like.

I wasn't overly impressed with the concert I watched on dvd last night. It was ok, but not as good as their Christmas dvd. I think they get better with age and maturity, so Saturday's concert should be GREAT! And I have to confess that I did NOT fix my watchband last night -- I just sat and stared at the tv screen :-( and then paid the price for that: a headache. But I was going to sleep anyway, so I didn't really mind.

So far this week, my lunch helping has gone very smoothly! I've gotten the kindergarteners' lunches on the table before they got there so that I could sit with Luke and Makenzie for the actual lunchtime. I peel some oranges and slice some apples; but other than that, I can pretty much pay attention to my own kids for a few minutes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008