Monday, January 5, 2009

consequence of forgetfulness

This morning after Seth's speech therapy, I had an extra ten or fifteen minutes before I needed to be at the school for Luke's lunch. I knew that I needed to go to Walmart after helping Luke's class, so I wouldn't be eating anything until later. So I decided to stop by Radio Espresso for a latte. In my excitement to try a new flavor that I'd seen on their board a few weeks ago, I forgot one VERY important word in my order: DECAF!!!!!! I realized my mistake after only three sips, but it was too late. Being an EXTREME tightwad, I couldn't throw it away. I drank that entire 20 ounces of caffeine, and I'm still paying the price. My whole body, inside and out, is shaking; I'm dizzy; and I'm having a very hard time keeping focused on one task at a time. I think I need to get "decaf!" tattooed across my hand so that I don't do this to myself EVER again!!!!! I haven't had caffeine (except in chocolate, and I try very hard not to eat too much of that, either) for MONTHS! It was a little difficult for me to do that, kindof a "step of faith" that God would help me survive the migraines while my body adjusted to being caffeine-free. And now by one stupid minute of forgetfulness, it's back in my system. I wish that coffee places trained their employees to ask each customer "regular or decaf?" but I guess there aren't very many of us in this country who are so sensitive to caffeine. WHEW -- how long until this stuff wears off?????!!!!!!

By the way, I'm still sick -- just nasal congestion and draining now, but YUCK! And it's STILL freezing cold outside. After the dark, chilly summer we had, this cold is making me want to relocate to ANYWHERE that has sun and temps above freezing! That feeling will pass, I know, as soon as I hear my mom tell me how hot and humid it is in about six months. I'll be thankful then for being able to live in this crazy state. And the cold is making me VERY thankful that Jason has a great job and can afford to keep the heat on or above 70 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008