Sunday, January 11, 2009

back to normal

I don't have a picture again today (sorry Mom!). I need to remember to get that thing out and have it handy because my kids do funny things ALL the time! My brain's still a little foggy from the excitement of last night's concert, lack of sleep, and this NEVER-ENDING cold! I'm guessing that writing right now isn't very wise, but I'm going to do it anyway. It's going to be scattered, I'm sure.

Funny thing from the concert -- The bass guitarist said that he felt nervous this last year when they were getting ready to go on the USO tour because all those people over there were so heavily armed and the band is "just Georgia boys." The lead singer said that there really wasn't any need to be nervous. "Remember -- we've played DETROIT!" HA!

My kids were GREAT about the HUGE schedule change last night. They were supposed to be put to bed by 9:00 or 9:30, but ended up not going to bed until we got home after 11 p.m.! And Seth hadn't taken a nap that day. They fell asleep watching tv (except Joel, he stayed up the whole time), came home to brush their teeth and get into their jammies, and went right to sleep. They slept till a good hour this morning, got ready for church with very little conflict, and didn't even fight or whine much all day. WHAT BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!

I'm almost 40! Jason and I were older than every person in our row at the concert last night. The opening band started playing a song that sounded like U2. We looked at each other with the same comment. It WAS a U2 song (not Christian, but a good song). We asked the people on either side of us if they recognized the song (very famous song). They didn't! One of the girls in the opening band was one of Jason's STUDENTS! One of the people in our row was one of our students -- now married, one + children. I'm two months older than the lead singer of Third Day -- and they're getting older, been making records for over sixteen years. It's kinda interesting to be around people of different ages. Last night I was around people younger than me, so I felt like I'm getting older (but not ancient -- they aren't that much younger). Sometimes I'm around people older than me and I feel like a kid -- not because they treat me like a kid, I just recognize their wisdom and experience and my lack of those things. Then I get home where there are only children and I just want to sit and hold them while they still fit in my lap.

BIG disappointment yesterday afternoon. Makenzie and I went shopping. First stop was Title Wave to look through those $1.50 racks. THEY WERE GONE! They were just clearance racks, there for only a little while. Funny part of the day, though -- we got in the van, I turned on my mp3 player (set on Third Day, of course!), Makenzie sighs and asks if we can PLEASE listen to ANYTHING else -- I guess I've been listening to Third Day A LOT lately. Makenzie wanted to hear a female singer for once. :-)

k -- i'm done, this was definitely rambling, and i'm hoping that my cleaning project starting tomorrow will get me back on track for normal life -- get some good sleep tonight (I hope I can breathe through my nose tonight!), do my morning "stuff," have lunch, then start cleaning up this disaster of a house. Maybe if there's less clutter, my brain will be a little less cluttered? I'm going to give it a try :-)

1 comment:

  1. I've been listening to Third Day non stop for several days too. I have every single one of their albums loaded on my itunes along with some other songs that Mac did with other artists. There is a total of 99 songs on my Third Day playlist. It's seven hours worth of music. But it's good, oh so good!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008