Saturday, January 24, 2009

"let's rock"

I forgot to write about Seth's lunchtime request yesterday. After I got him in Gavin's high chair and Gavin in a regular chair (since the other way around was a risk -- my kids only sit still if they're strapped down and have no choice but to sit still), Seth signed "rock!" HE REMEMBERED!!!! What a great kid! I was a little worried, though, because I was at Darryl and Amanda's house, not mine. Their house is MUCH more technologically advanced than mine. I have a simple cd player/radio mounted under my kitchen cabinet. They have this whole system that I think is all run with one remote. But I figured it out enough so that we could "rock" through lunch. Seth was satisfied and Gavin loved it, too. (p.s. I apologize, Darryl and Amanda, if I messed up your tv/cd/dvd stuff in any way!!!)

Last night, I finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter. What a sad story! I didn't cry anymore or even get angry, but it was very sad. It's the kind of story that makes you keep saying, "If only . . . " In a little interview printed at the end of the book, the author stated that she got this idea from a REAL LIFE situation -- someone put their baby in an institution because he was born with Down syndrome. People are CRAZY!!!!!!! So anyway, now I have to decide on my next book to read -- hmmmmm . . . . . . choices, choices, choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008